Commercial Storm Shelters
Whether you have a few people or a few hundred people to protect, rest assured, we can build it. Not only will it meet your needs and exceed your expectations, but all of our shelters meet/exceed FEMA requirements and are built according to ICC-500 Building Codes.
The EstateMax-style underground steel storm shelter is ideal for larger families or small businesses. Measuring 20 ft. long by 6 ft. wide, the Max Extended Model can be buried in your yard in just a few hours. With its powder-coated finish, you will receive the same protection against rust and corrosion as an underground gas storage tank or cross-country pipeline. This shelter has bench seating on three sides, with a stairway entering from the surface. We have even provided a steel handrail and non-slip stair treads for extra safety and convenience.
- 10-gauge steel construction with 1/4 in. floor and reinforcements for superior strength
- FEMA 361 & ICC 500 compliant
- Concrete barrier surrounding shelter available
- 1/4″ structural steel surrounds exterior to resist ground pressures
- Double-welded construction for a watertight seal
- Proprietary pressure tested to ensure no leaks
- Structural extended floor uses earth above to provide over 20,000 pounds to keep the shelter from floating
- Triple-locking, single-lever latching mechanism with keyed door handle
- Gasketed door with spring-loaded assists for easy opening and closing with Durable twin springs to provide “zero weight” door
- Perimeter steel bench seating for optimal comfort and structural support
- Plumbing and electrical connection hookups for added functionality
- Carpeted interior provides comfort found in your home
- Ergonomic entry steps provide quick and easy access into the shelter
So what is the cost of our commercial storm shelter?
The average price in a commercial storm shelter is around $1,500 per occupant.
Speak with one of our live chat agents or contact us for an exact quote including shipping and installation.
Our storm shelters bear the seal of the NSSA (National Storm Shelter Association) and have been debris impact tested at the Texas Tech's National Wind Institute.
When Fortune 500 and 100 companies need to protect their employees from tornadoes and other violent windstorms, they call Survive-A-Storm Shelters.
We count among our clients: Walmart, Kia, Toyota, Mercedes, the U.S. Army, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy, Proctor & Gamble, 3M, Siemens, Cree, Schlumberger, and US Steel – just to name a few. School districts, local governments and churches across America also rely on our shelters to protect students, community members, and congregations from 250 MPH EF5 tornado winds.
Survive-A-Storm Shelters pioneered the design and construction of underground commerical storm shelters. When Kia Motors needed several commerical storm shelters to protect the workers at one of their automotive plants, they called Survive-A-Storm Shelters.
Never before had any company attempted such an ambitious project, but Kia was impressed by our track record of success in completing difficult and highly complex projects. The end result? Survive-A-Storm Shelters installed what was, at the time, the largest capacity of underground community storm shelters on a single piece of property anywhere in the world.