Tips about Tornadoes-Lucky 5?
Last Updated: July 28, 2016 Is five the lucky number when it comes to tornadoes? Maybe so. Just this week, two stories have popped up online that share five tips about tornadoes-staying safe and even spotting one early.One comes from Parade magazine and lists top advice from the book What Stands in a Storm.
Tips about Tornadoes-How to stay safe
- Don’t rely only on sirens.
- Avoid mobile homes and cars.
- Get as low as possible to ride out the storm.
- Cover up.
- Stay in touch.
Tips about Tornadoes-How to spot one early
“Twister Tech: 5 Ways to Spot Tornadoes Early” comes from Popular Mechanics. It offers five ways to spot a tornado on its way. They include:
- A more targeted warning system that alerts smaller geographic areas to the possible presence of a tornado so that those getting the warning take it seriously.
- A new Doppler that can determine the size and shape of exactly what is in the air — either rain, snow or hail.
- The power of sound, including infrasonic arrays that measure super-low-frequency sounds that allow severe storm activity to be observed from more than 600 miles away.
- The power of lightning by using networks of electrical sensors called Lightning Mapping Arrays to pinpoint lightning’s location more quickly.
- A 3D tornado simulator for study of the storm in great detail.
More helpful safety resources from Survive-a-Storm
At Survive-a-Storm Shelters, we have put together several resources to help you and your family stay safe in a tornado. Click on the links below to read more.
- How to get ready for tornado season
- Helpful apps you can download
- Keep Your Tornado Warning Toolbox Stocked — And Head for Your Storm Shelter
- Tornado Safety Tips
- Check out our GeoLocator Service
Contact us for help staying safe
At Survive-a-Storm Shelters we provide you with the highest quality, most reliable residential storm shelters sold in America. Our full line of above and below ground shelters provide near absolute protection. FEMA-compliant Survive-a-Storm Shelters have been tried and tested and are able to withstand winds and debris from any EF5 tornado.And with affordable pricing and the many financing options we have made available to our customers through storm shelter loans, nearly anyone can afford one.You can find our products inside many of The Home Depot® stores in states like Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri. They even sell our residential and community safe rooms on their website at www.homedepot.com. So give us a call at 1-888-360-1492 and let us help you!