The Survive-a-Storm Sectional Community Tornado Shelter is transported to the installation site in sections and assembled on-site and mounted to a massive concrete foundation. These design/build projects are ideal for use as factories, warehouses, office buildings, or garages. They are designed and constructed to withstand 250 MPH EF5 tornado winds and can be tailored to meet the client’s specifications.There is only one company in the world that possesses the breadth and depth of experience to successfully execute such complex projects, which is why the U.S. Government contacts Survive-a-Storm Shelters to protect members of the armed forces, DOD employees, and civilian contractors.
Call 1-855-733-1413 to Speak with Your Dedicated Commercial Shelter Sales Engineer
- Door dimensions: 3’ wide x 6’8” tall (ADA accessible)
- Built with ASTM A 36 ¼” heavy-duty steel plate and ASTM A 500 structural 3”x3”x3/8” rolled angle, 4’ on center and 4”x4”x1/4” square tubing, 8’ on center for utmost strength and durability
- Transported to the installation site in sections and assembled on-site
- Powder-coated baked-on finish is rust and corrosion-resistant
- Triple-locking, single lever latching mechanism with keyed door handle for extra safety and security
- Removable perimeter benches provide ability to increase/decrease seating/standing capacity
- Chemical toilet with privacy enclosure included
- 50 amp 240 volt electrical load center with lighting, exhaust fan system and electrical outlets included
- Stand-by generators and solar panel kits available (call for pricing)
- Factory installation and foundation available (call for pricing)
- Shelters meet FEMA 361 and ICC 500 codes with 250 MPH wind rating. Wall sections and doors successfully passed Texas Tech Wind Research Institute simulated tornado missile impact test. Shelters are designed and sealed by a Structural Engineer
- 18” thick concrete foundation is provided with two layers of #5 rebar installed 9” and 16” on center. 5/8” x 12” x 12” embed steel plates with Nelson Studs are precast into the concrete and all columns are welded to precast plates per Engineer’s specifications creating the strongest anchoring on the market. Optional 12” foundation with 24” perimeter footing is available in areas with frost line requirements.