Our 10-foot-wide Survive-a-Storm Quonset Style above ground community tornado shelters are a favorite for many of our customers. Rated to withstand an EF5 tornado, these shelters are prefabricated from quarter-inch cold rolled steel at our factory in Thomasville, Georgia and shipped to the installation site and set by crane onto a massive steel reinforced concrete foundation.
- Door dimensions: 3’ wide x 6’8” tall (ADA accessible)
- Built with ASTM A 36 ¼” heavy-duty steel plate and ASTM A 500 structural 3”x3”x3/8” rolled angle, 4’ on center and 4”x4”x1/4” square tubing, 8’ on center for utmost strength and durability
- Round design provides maximum protection for deflection of flying debris
- Powder-coated baked-on finish is rust and corrosion-resistant
- Triple-locking, single lever latching mechanism with keyed door handle for extra safety and security
- Removable perimeter benches provide ability to increase/decrease seating/standing capacity
- Chemical toilet with privacy enclosure included
- 50 amp 240 volt electrical load center with lighting, exhaust fan system and electrical outlets included
- Stand-by generators and solar panel kits available (call for pricing)
- Factory installation and foundation available (call for pricing)
- Shelters meet FEMA 361 and ICC 500 codes with 250 MPH wind rating. Wall sections and doors successfully passed Texas Tech Wind Research Institute simulated tornado missile impact test. Shelters are designed and sealed by a Structural Engineer
- 12″ thick slab with 24″ deep footing that is 12″ wide, 3000 psi concrete. 1 layer of #5 rebar placed within foundation, as well as 12″ x 12″ x 5/8″ thick embed plates.
10×8, 10×16, 10×24, 10×32, 10×40, 10×48, 10×56, 10×64, 10×72, 10×80, 10×88, 10×96