- The Rise of Above Ground Tornado Shelter Plans
Last Updated: July 28, 2016 Everyone wants to know. Which storm shelter is safest? Above ground? Underground? Should we make above ground tornado shelter plans?
This customer is very happy with her above ground tornado shelter plans with the Survive-a-Storm Extreme model.
We did some research, and according to experts like Larry Tanner of the Texas Tech Wind Institute and Dr. David Prevatt, the Assistant Professor of the University of Florida Wind Department of Civil and Coastal Engineering, above ground is a great way to go.
Let’s look at some facts about above ground tornado shelters:
- In Tanner’s 15 years of research, No one has ever been killed or injured in an approved safe room.
- Safe rooms built to FEMA guidelines can handle a 3,000 pound vehicle being dropped on them without any problem.
- Above ground tornado shelters provide easier accessibility, not only for the elderly, but for the handicapped as well.
- In an above ground, there is no fear of flooding.
- Above ground shelters perform perfectly during the testing phase when a cannon fires a series of EF-5 level shots.
So where should you begin to make your own Above Ground Tornado Shelter Plans ?
We have Tornado Shelter Specialists on standby as well as many Home Depot employees who have the product knowledge to answer all of your questions.
Of course, we want to encourage you to choose our shelters here at Survive-a-Storm. However, what we really want to encourage you to do is to check us out. Examine our shelters at one of the local Home Depot locations across the nation. If there is one thing we know, consumers want to put their hands on a product they are placing their faith in. That’s why we have developed a partnership with The Home Depot brand, which then allows our customers the satisfaction of knowing that by purchasing a tornado safe room from us, they are getting near-absolute protection with every shelter.
Survive-a-Storm Shelters is the only storm shelter company that has partnered up with the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH). Along with The Home Depot and several other companies and organizations, they share the vision of making America a more disaster-resistant nation.
Even if you aren’t interested in our above ground storm shelters, we have an array of underground units as well. If you wish to know more about how to prepare your own home or community from tornadoes and other severe weather, please give us a call at 888-360-1492 and let us help you make the right choice in storm shelters for your loved ones.